I love Lucy! A Review of their Walkabout Pants


I've talked before about how I love Lucy.  Not the show (although that is great too), nope, the line of workout/active wear made by women just for women.  

Last week Lucy sent me a pair of their Walkabout II pants to try out.  


I have several pairs of Lucy pants, but not any of the walkabout pants, so I was excited to get a chance to review them.
 
Since I was reviewing the walkabout pant, I decided that I needed to try them to (what else) walkabout in!


The kids and I walk to school every day, so I thought that would be the perfect occasion to give them a shot. 


I think the pants are lucky because our resident bald eagle was out in the tree by our house waiting to say good morning.


The pants were so comfy that after I walked the kids to school, I just kept walking right to our local Starbucks for a nice morning treat.


I even tried them out again on our local trail a few days later.  
It was a rainy Sunday afternoon and I wanted to see how they would do getting wet.
They did great!  I stayed dry and so did the pants!


Here's what I like about them:

1. They are comfortable
There is an internal drawstring to adjust the size of the pants without making them lumpy and bumpy (women don't want any extra bumps in the tummy area now do we ladies?!) and they are lightweight and roomy without looking sloppy.

2. They had tons of pockets
I don't like to carry a purse, especially on a walk, so it was nice to be able to put my money, credit card keys, and whatever else I need in my pockets and know they will be secure (my favorite are the zippered pockets so you  know the important stuff won't go anywhere!).

3.They dry quickly
I took my youngest son on the trail walk on Sunday when it was raining.  He wore jeans, I had the walkabout pants on.  His pants were soaking, my pants were dry as a bone.  The raindrops were beading up on the pants!  One hazard of living in the Pacific Northwest is that it's always wet.  No matter what pants you wear, you run the risk of the bottom few inches of the legs soaking up water, getting wet and then staying wet for sometime.  Not in these pants!  

4. The fit
The thing I love about Lucy's clothing line is that there is a fit for every body.  They carry short and tall sizes in all of their pants so you can always find the perfect fit.  Because of the drawsting you can adjust the waist. I even wore long johns underneath the pants one day and they still fit perfectly!

5. Durability
One thing I know when I buy the Lucy brand is that the clothing will hold up and remain durable wash after wash after wash.  You know those favorite pants you have?  I have a pair of Lucy Capri leggings that I wear at least twice a week to the gym and have for over three years.  There isn't a single sign of wear, no seams ripping, no holes, no fading (even though they are black!).  They look the same as the day I bought them.  All of my Lucy gear is like that, so I know the walkabout II pants won't be any different.

The cons:
My two older kids both thought the pants looked like snow pants.
Could be that I was wearing it with my ski jacket, but because the pants are made of 96% nylon, they do have a little bit of a sheen to them, just like my snow pants do.

The walkabout II pant would be the perfect pant for traveling.  They are lightweight and comfortable for any climate, easy to pack, and easy to dress up or dress down.
They are great pants if you have an active lifestyle in a warm climate or in a rainy environment.  They are perfect for morning walks to school!

Thanks Lucy for letting me try them out!






disclaimer: Lucy gave me a pair of their new walkabout II pants in exchange for a product review.  All opinions are 100% mine.

2 comments

  1. Ooohhhh - I've never heard of these pants. I'm going to go check them out. Think they'll hide my high butt crack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO fair! No seriously, that's awesome you were asked to review those pants. They look great & I've been looking for something like them - not so tight as yoga pants but not too thin but not too loose either. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top